How long does it take to cook the sausages?
The UPAN takes between 9-10 minutes to cook the sausages fully once preheated. Watch our video comparing the different results between the UPAN and a traditional cast iron skillet here Pan vs UPAN
What is a seasoned cast iron coating and what happens if it gets damaged?
The seasoned finish on the UPAN is 100% flaxseed oil that is been heated to 800c. This bonds it to the cast iron to form a natural non-stick coating free off PFAS (poly-fluoroalkyl substances). For more information about seasoned cast iron cookware and how to repair and maintain the surface follow our blog here link Cast iron care and maintenance
Do you ship internationally and what are the shipping times ?
Orders are dispatched Monday to Saturday at 7.30 am NZT
- North Island 1-2 business days
- South Island and rural delivery 1-3 business days
- For international delivery times, please check out our Shipping Policy
Can you use cast iron on an induction hob ?
The UPAN is solid cast iron and works well on induction hobs as well as
Its single piece cast iron construction means it can also be used
- Solid electric hobs
- Radiant ring elements
- Gas burners
- Ceramic cooktops
- In an oven
- On a bbq
- Over an open fire
Check out the UPAN being used on a gas element then straight into the oven when making Toad in the Hole
Are the UPAN packaging and shipping cartons recyclable?
- All our packaging is brown paper based and the shipping cartons are made specifically for the UPAN to minimise waste
- ◄Apart from cooking sausages what else can you use the UPAN for ?
- The design of the UPAN concentrates the heat to a central point, which makes it ideal for cooking bacon and the curved surface will allow you to sear meatballs evenly all the way around. Watch our two videos on cooking Crispy Bacon and Meatballs